The Oracle Lite Blog

The Rekounas Blog about Oracle's Mobile Enterprise Application Platform

The Oracle Lite Blog header image 2

Updates on my activities

May 26th, 2013 · 6 Comments

So as you can see not many Oracle Lite posts in a while. Ok, correction, no posts at all. The main reason for this is that I had a career move way back in 2011 and I became DBA focusing on MongoDB and MySQL.

Does this mean I will stop answering questions? No, but I will largely be going on memory and notes and programs I wrote a few years back. I also don’t have an active environment set up, so I would really only be relying on memory.

Having said that, I have done some pretty cool things in MongoDB and MySQL that I hope to share with you.

Tags: Oracle Lite

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bhaskar wrote on Jul 21, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Waiting for your post MangoDB !!!!

• 2 rekounas wrote on Jul 22, 2013 at 6:04 am

Hi Bhaskar,

I have about 2 years of experience with some large implementations of MongoDB in sharded replica set environment. I haven’t been blogging lately, but looking to get back into it. My first post will most likely be about my experiences and some do’s and don’ts. Overall, I like Mongo… as long as it is used properly.

• 3 Bhaskar wrote on Jul 22, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Thanks for you reply!! Also it will be helpfull if the post also covers about the Mongo for beginners like how and where to start

• 4 rekounas wrote on Jul 22, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Sure enough. From which stand point would you be interested, development or administration? Developers tend to love mongo because you can literally take an object and insert it into any collection without and constraint checking. Administrators usually have to worry about sharding, replica sets, backups and restores, etc.

• 5 Bhaskar wrote on Jul 22, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Obiviously it will be development :)

• 6 Deandre W. Brady wrote on Aug 2, 2013 at 10:02 am

You know, all this stuff about the joins and the ‘complex transactions’ — but it was Monty himself who, many years ago, explained away the “need” for COMMIT / ROLLBACK, saying that ‘all that is done in the logic classes (and not the database) anyway’ — so it’s the same thing all over again. What is needed is a dumb yet incredibly tidy and fast data storage/retrieval engine, for 99% of what the web apps do.