The Oracle Lite Blog

The Rekounas Blog about Oracle's Mobile Enterprise Application Platform

The Oracle Lite Blog header image 2

How to setup JDeveloper to connect Oracle Lite

February 1st, 2007 · 41 Comments

1. Install either the Mobile Client or Mobile Development Kit.
  2. Launch JDev.
  3. Open the Connections Tab.
  4. Right-click on Database and click New Database Connection.
  5. Select Third Party JDBC Driver and click Next.
    page1.jpg
  6. Enter your username and password. If it is a replicated database, username is SYSTEM.
    page2.jpg
  7. For your url enter jdbc:polite:DSN.
    page3.jpg
  8. You will also have to setup the Oracle Lite JDBC Driver. Click New and enter the following:
    Driver Class = oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver
    Library = polite
    Classpath = C:\mobileclient\bin\olite40.jar
    page4.jpg
  9. Click Ok and then Next and you will now be on the Test tab. Click Test and your connection should now be established.
    page5.jpg
  10. You can now right-click on the database connection you created and launch a SQL Worksheet or navigate through the objects (tables, views, sequences, and synonyms) in the tree.

Update: Alternative method

1. Open C:\jdev1013\jdev\bin\jdev.conf
  2. Modify the environment variables AddNativeCodePath and AddJavaLibFile:

#
    # Oracle10g Lite Settings
    # Enable these lines (and modify the directories)
    # to suit your Oracle Lite installation
    #
    AddNativeCodePath C:/oracle/Mobile/Sdk/BIN
    AddJavaLibFile C:/oracle/Mobile/Sdk/BIN/OLITE40.JAR
  3. Start or restart JDeveloper.
  4. Open the Connections Tab.
  5. Right-click on Database and click New Database Connection.
  6. Select Oracle Lite and click Next.
  7. Enter the username and password and click Next.
  8. Enter the datasource name (DSN) and click Next.
  9. Click Test Connection. You should have a “Success!” message. Now click Finish

Tags: Oracle Lite

41 responses so far ↓

• 1 Vijaya wrote on Nov 21, 2007 at 3:32 am

Hi Rekounas,

I Was trying to use oracle lite today along with Jdeveloper 10.1.3.2. for a BPEL process
    This is what I have done.
    1. under Oracle_home-> bpel-> bin-> polsql. It ran and gave the sql prompt, with this information.

jdk\jre\bin\server;G:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_2\jdk\bin;G:\product\10.1.3.1\Or
    acleAS_2\ant\bin;G:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\jdk\bin;G:\product\10.1.3.1\Orac
    leAS_1\ant\bin;G:\oracle\product\10.2.0\bin;G:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\Program Files
    \Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;
    C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\UltraEdit;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\
    bin;G:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\MOBILE\sdk\bin;G:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_2
    \MOBILE\sdk\bin

G:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_2\bpel\bin>set CLASSPATH=G:\product\10.1.3.1\Oracle
    AS_2\bpel\..\Mobile\Sdk\BIN\olite40.jar;G:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_2\MOBILE\Sd
    k\bin\OLITE40.JAR;G:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\MOBILE\Sdk\bin\OLITE40.JAR;

G:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_2\bpel\bin>msql.exe system/manager@jdbc:polite4@loc
    alhost:1531:orabpel

Oracle Lite MSQL Version 10.2.0.2.0
    Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Lite ORDBMS
    Database Name: ORABPEL (Read Write)
    Database Version: 10.2.0.2.0
    Auto Commit: off
    Driver Name: oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver (OLite 4.0)

After that, I was trying to create database connection in Jdeveloper using Connection manager

There I have specified the connection type as Oracle lite and the user name as system password manager and deploy password selected.

In the next step, I have selected the driver as type 4
    and host name and port name were automatically with local host and 100.
    and I gave the sid as orabpel and the driver class as oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver (which is by default) and I did not specify any in Library and classpath .
    when I test the connection it says
    “Unable to find driver: oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver”.

Can you please guide me how to go on with this.

Thanks
    Vijaya.

• 2 rekounas wrote on Nov 21, 2007 at 8:31 am

Vijaya,

Did you do the following in your jdev.conf?

AddNativeCodePath C:/oracle/Mobile/Sdk/BIN
    AddJavaLibFile C:/oracle/Mobile/Sdk/BIN/OLITE40.JAR

• 3 Vijaya wrote on Nov 21, 2007 at 8:16 pm

Thanks Rekounas,
    I am able to connect now.

• 4 Vijaya wrote on Nov 28, 2007 at 10:12 pm

Hi Rekounas,

This is not related to the above post, but i dont know where to ask. so asking here
    How do we create a package using oracle lite? The case is, I am trying to create a Pl/SQL webservice. Whenn I try to specify the connection, oracle-lite connection doesn’t appear at all

Is it possible to create pl/sqlwebservice through oracle lite?

Thanks in advance.

• 5 rekounas wrote on Nov 29, 2007 at 5:25 am

Vijaya,

Oracle Lite doesn’t support PL/SQL packages. It supports Java stored procedures. I think in the newer version it supports C# stored procedures as well.

• 6 suhas wrote on Feb 5, 2008 at 10:05 pm

Hi,
    I have installed Olite through the SOA Suite Basic Installation. I checked the sql_olite.bat file for the DB Details. I got..

set BIN_HOME=D:\soaloc\Mobile\Sdk\BIN
    set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;D:\soaloc\Mobile\Sdk\BIN\olite40.jar

set PATH=D:\soaloc\jdk\jre\bin\server;%PATH%

%BIN_HOME%\msql.exe system/any@jdbc:polite4@127.0.0.1:1531:oraesb %*

I understand the SID is oraesb and the port is 1531. What is the hostname? polite4, polite4@127.0.0.1, and 127.0.0.1 are all failing in SQLDeveloper

• 7 rekounas wrote on Feb 6, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Hi Suhas,

I have tried multiple ways to get SQL Developer to work but I think they have the Oracle Driver hard coded as the JDBC driver of choice. Notice they have tabs for Access, MySQL, and SQL Server.

I have been using JDeveloper which isn’t bad because I use it for other Java development as well. But I would like to be able to use the features in SQL Developer.

• 8 Daniel wrote on Mar 14, 2008 at 11:05 am

Hi
    Now a days, I have a problem with JDeveloper ans a connection to a Database, my environment is:
    Oracle XE
    Oracle BPA Suite
    Oracle BPEL Suite
    I’m new and i’m some labs with BPEL, one of them requires to communicate with a DataBase, on this manual the steps that ypu mentioned before are also mentioned but i’m not able to connect the oncly differece a found on what you said in the blog and the manual is that I need to install Mobile SDK where can i obtain? is it correct that i’m not able to connect because of i don´t have mobile??

thanks for your help

• 9 rekounas wrote on Mar 14, 2008 at 11:28 am

Hi Daniel,

I have installed BPEL and SOA Suite and they both come with Mobile SDK. It should be under $ORACLE_HOME/Mobile/SDK

• 10 Daniel wrote on Mar 14, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Hi rekounas, i ´don´t have it, i’m going to install trough the installer, and the only error I recieve when I click test button is:

Internal Error:Invalid Connect String

I’m not able to se more or to see an error eith more detailed mi parameters are:

Driver Class: oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver
    Library: Olite40.jar
    Classpath: C:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\bpel\lib\olite40.jar

URL: jdbc:polite4@localhost:1531:orabpel

what do you think is my problem??

I really apprecitae your help
    Kind Regards

• 11 rekounas wrote on Mar 14, 2008 at 4:00 pm

is the service olsv2040 running?

You start it like this
    C:\oracle\ias\Mobile\Sdk\bin\olsv2040 /start

• 12 Daniel wrote on Mar 14, 2008 at 4:10 pm

Hi, the results is shown below

OliteService reports the following error:
    OliteService failed, Error Code: (0x424), Message: The specified service does no
    t exist as an installed service.
    Internal message: OpenService failed in CmdStartService function.

I’ll try to install it

Kind Regards

• 13 Daniel wrote on Mar 14, 2008 at 4:12 pm

OliteService reports the following status:
    The service is installed.

C:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\Mobile\Sdk\BIN>olsv2040 /start

OliteService reports the following status:
    The service start pending.

OliteService reports the following status:
    The service is running…
    port = 1531
    wdir = C:\WINDOWS\system32

The current status of Oracle Lite Multiuser Service:
    Current State : SERVICE_RUNNING
    Acceptable Control Code : (0x1) SERVICE_ACCEPT_STOP

• 14 rekounas wrote on Mar 14, 2008 at 4:21 pm

So, did that work for you?

• 15 Daniel wrote on Mar 31, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Sorry rekounas, i was working in other stuff that was highly important, now i’m getting involved again on this, i’ll let you know if works Thanks a lot for your help

• 16 pankaj wrote on Sep 28, 2008 at 8:25 pm

Hi

I have just installed 10.1.3.1 BPEL process manager and 10.1.3.1 JDEV on windows.
    But I am unable to see ORACLE_HOME or even opmnctl.
    Is it right? How can I correct it?
    Please advise as I am unable to even set new Integration Server connections or even AppServerConnections

Regards

• 17 rekounas wrote on Sep 29, 2008 at 2:01 am

Your oracle_home should be whatever location you set when you ran the installer. If you launch the installer again, it will tell you how many Oracle Homes you have and their location.

Or

Look at the following in your registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ALL_HOMES

• 18 Tati wrote on Nov 14, 2008 at 1:44 pm

C:\OracleSOADemo\bpel\bin>set CLASSPATH=C:\OracleSOADemo\bpel\..\Mobile\Sdk\BIN\
    olite40.jar;C:\OracleSOADemo\MOBILE\Sdk\bin\OLITE40.JAR;

C:\OracleSOADemo\bpel\bin>msql.exe system/manager@jdbc:polite4@localhost:1531 r
    abpel
    Access is denied.

C:\OracleSOADemo\bpel\bin>

• 19 Tati wrote on Nov 14, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Hi,
    I tried to upgrade IAS to 10.1.3.4 . Need to run upgrade scripts to upgrade orabpel and oraesb schemas. Under $OH/bpel/bin dir msql.exe exists but size is 0. Is there some backup I can use to restore this file?

• 20 rekounas wrote on Nov 14, 2008 at 2:30 pm

In response to the Access Denied question, do you have olsv2040.exe running?

Try the following:
    msql system/manager@jdbc:polite:rabpel

Check your DNS settings to make sure the DNS entry is rabpel for the database.

• 21 rekounas wrote on Nov 14, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Here is what I found in metalink

4.2.1 Run Upgrade Scripts on Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 (10.1.3.1.0)

Before applying 10g Release 3 (10.1.3) Patch Set 4 (10.1.3.4.0) to a Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 (10.1.3.1.0) instance, do the following procedure:

1. Connect to the Oracle database as the orabpel user.

2. Run the following script based on your database and operating system for your BPEL environment:

– For Microsoft Windows (32-Bit) with Oracle Database Lite: upgrade_10131_10134_olite.sql

The preceding script is located in the preceding script is located in the SHIPHOME\Disk1\install\soa_schema_upgrade\bpel\scripts directory.

3. Connect to the Oracle database as the oraesb user.

4. Run the following script based on your database and operating system for your ESB environment.

– For Microsoft Windows (32-Bit) with Oracle Database Lite: upgrade_ 10133_10134_olite.sql

The preceding script is located in the SHIPHOME\Disk1\install\soa_schema_upgrade\esb\sql\other directory.

5. Restart the instances.

Here is an example of following these instructions:
    1. cd C:\Integration\OracleAS_1\bpel\bin

2. review polsql.cmd … on my system this is looks like the following:

set OLITE_LIB=C:\Integration\OracleAS_1\bpel\..\Mobile\Sdk\BIN
    set PATH=C:\Integration\OracleAS_1\jdk\jre\bin\server;%PATH%
    set CLASSPATH=%OLITE_LIB%\olite40.jar;%CLASSPATH%

msql.exe system/manager@jdbc:polite4@localhost:1531:orabpel %*

3. Run from a command window “polsql.cmd”

4. This will bring up the orabpel schema.

5. Run the install scripts at the correct point according to the patchset readme. For example:

cmdwindow> polsql

C:\Integration\OracleAS_1\bpel\bin>msql.exe system/manager@jdbc:polite4@localhos
    t:1531:orabpel

Oracle Lite MSQL Version 10.2.0.2.0
    Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Lite ORDBMS
    Database Name: ORABPEL (Read Write)
    Database Version: 10.2.0.2.0
    Auto Commit: off
    Driver Name: oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver (OLite 4.0)

SQL> @soa_schema_upgrade/bpel/scripts/upgrade_10131_10134_olite.sql

6. Change to oraesb schema by running the following command and cmd prompt:

$ORACLE_HOME\integration\esb\olite\bin\sql_olite.bat

7. Run oraesb scripts outlined in patchset readme at the correct points by:

Oracle Lite MSQL Version 10.2.0.2.0
    Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Lite ORDBMS
    Database Name: ORAESB (Read Write)
    Database Version: 10.2.0.2.0
    Auto Commit: off
    Driver Name: oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver (OLite 4.0)

SQL> @soa_schema_upgrade/esb/sql/other/upgrade_10133_10134_olite.sql”

• 22 Tati wrote on Nov 14, 2008 at 7:04 pm

hi Rekounas,
    thank u for messages.
    for denied access
    Yes, Olite is running.

I have instruction from Metalink, but I can not run msql.exe. Gave me error message. Can I copy this file from diff place or I need reinstall SOA?
    Tati

• 23 rekounas wrote on Nov 15, 2008 at 7:58 am

Looks like manager isn’t your password for orabpel. It’s been a while since I installed bpel. Is this a fresh install with upgrade?

• 24 Mohan Elango wrote on Mar 8, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Hi,

When I try connecting to the OLite DB, the username and password should be entered. The only password I entered during SOA install is welcome1. It is not geeting connected. Can you please help me with it?

• 25 rekounas wrote on Mar 9, 2009 at 10:52 am

Try using ‘manager’ as the password.

• 26 inz wrote on Apr 9, 2009 at 7:23 pm

hai rekounas,

I using oracle Enterprise Servise Bus with Jdeveloper.

Type:Oricle Lite
    Driver Class: oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver
    User:oc4jadmin
    url: jdbc:polite4@localhost:1531:OraESB

and the message shown “access violation”.
    kindly tell me how to solve this problem and its related with JDBC port that i have define in creating olite database…

TQ

• 27 rekounas wrote on Apr 15, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Inz,

Do you have the olsv2040.exe service running?

• 28 JeroenDemets wrote on May 28, 2009 at 12:12 am

Hi, i’am trying oracle lite 10.3.0.2.0,
    previous version was 10.2.0.2.
    I cannot connect to remote client db in jdeveloper it keeps on saying: [POL-3013] bad database or invalid password.
    I can connect using msql.exe system/dnv@jdbc:odbc:dnv_remote.
    Any idea?

• 29 JeroenDemets wrote on May 28, 2009 at 12:50 am

I think i found the problem,
    my sdk is from 10.2.0.2 and the lite database is 10.3.0.2.0.
    When I instal sdk for 10.3.0.2.0 on my computer i think it will work.

• 30 Roopa wrote on Jun 9, 2009 at 8:35 am

Hi,

We are trying to install oracle mobile client without manual intervention. Currently we have to provide the username manually. we need to roll out the application to more than 60 users. we want to packgage the client installation to roll it out automatically. IS this possible

• 31 rekounas wrote on Jun 9, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Roopa,

I am actually in a lab this and nexe week coming up with the solution using an MSI. I may be posting what I have found for other users to use as well. It would be specific to Win32/Webtogo/OC4J applications.

• 32 JSET wrote on Nov 25, 2009 at 11:18 am

HI rekounas,
    are you able to insert or update data with JDEV in a client oracle lite database?
    For me it say that the driver cannot make this opération.

• 33 rekounas wrote on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:07 pm

You shouldn’t have an issue with inserts or updates. What version of JDK are you using? Is it the exact same error for update as it is delete?

• 34 rekounas wrote on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Er, I mean insert.

• 35 JSET wrote on Nov 26, 2009 at 9:49 am

Hi,I use JDeveloper 11g with JDK 1.6_05 and Oracle Lite 40 ODBC Driver.

• 36 VENKI wrote on Feb 3, 2011 at 9:55 pm

i need connection url string for olite

• 37 Wilhemina wrote on Jul 21, 2013 at 8:04 am

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts
    as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
    My website is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would
    genuinely benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks
    a lot!

• 38 security agencies in new jersey wrote on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:43 am

Yes! Finally something about security systems nj.

• 39 Watch Streaming Jav Japan Adult Video Free wrote on Jun 4, 2016 at 4:28 am

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I
    would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.

I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

• 40 JerilynChane wrote on Jul 6, 2016 at 8:20 am

I see your site needs some unique & fresh content.

Writing manually is time consuming, there is tool for this task.
    Just search in gogle for; Fejlando’s tips

• 41 African Culture wrote on Mar 25, 2017 at 6:57 am

I am really glad to read this weblog posts which contains plenty of
    helpful information, thanks for providing these kinds of statistics.